Not only does Cacao Butter add a certain richness to your food but retains all its important nutrition as LifeFoods Cacao butter has been cold-pressed, and is certified organic.
How to Use Cacao Butter:
It is perfect for making delicious healthy chocolate treats, (check out our recipes for raw chocolate), you can add it to your desserts, ice cream and it makes a decadent chocolate sauce when gently melted with cacao powder and agave syrup. Traditionally it has also been used as a moisturiser and massage oil, being especially good for babies bottoms as it is rich in vitamin E, it is also a great addition to natural organic based cosmetics such as soaps and lip balms.
Health benefit of Cacao Butters:
- This rich butter is composed of essential fatty acids Omega-6 which are important for your brain function, they help your skin and hair to replenish and help you maintain strong bones whilst regulating metabolism.
- In cacao butter there is monounsaturated Omega-9 which is also called oleic acid (is what is found in olive oil) and is known to be good for the health of our heart.
- It is a great food for people to consume who have high cholesterol as it has stearic acid, an unusual fat because it doesn't affect your cholesterol levels.
- It is a plentiful source of Vitamin E making it great for your skin.
- Finally it's chemical and hexane free so you can eat it knowing you are getting a whole food.