About This Product
LifeFoods Camu Camu fruit trees take years to become mature enough to bear fruit, but when it does the fruit provides high yields of vitamin C, making it a potent fruit to strengthen your immune system. It has a red-purplish skin with a yellow pulp which is dehydrated (and kept below 40 degrees celsius), then milled into a fine powder which ensures it retains its goodness so you get the most nutrients from it.
Health Benefits of Camu Camu Powder:
- It's traditionally made into a juice by the natives who live in the rain forest.They use it to boost their immune system, ward of viral infections and to help them maintain optimal health.
- As Camu Camu is one of the richest sources of vitamin C known to man it is helpful in protecting your nervous system. If the nervous system is unhealthy, it can lead to a whole host of disorders. Vitamin C is also vital for ensuring your brain functions optimally.
- Vitamin C can also work to boost energy and support healthy levels of white blood formation.
- It contains the amino acids serine, valine, and leucine which are important proteins your body needs in order to experience plentiful health.
- It has an array of vitamins and minerals including thiamine, riboflavin, calcium, iron, phosphorus, riboflavin and niacin, which allow your body to function optimally and by taking Camu Camu daily you will decrease the risk of becoming deficient in these vital minerals.
- It is used for the promotion of healthy eyes, skin and gums. This is due to the high levels of vitamin C which are found in Camu Camu powder.
How to Use Camu Camu Powder:
We suggest that one teaspoon is taken daily. You can either stir it into water or mix it into a freshly squeezed juice, smoothie or dessert, for a tangy citrus flavour and a great boost of vitamin C. If using in a smoothie, you might like to add other superfoods such as Maqui berry, and/or Goji berries for a great taste and anti-oxidant blast!