The great thing about Mesquite powder, is that it is rich in minerals and a sweet and slight caramely taste. It was a staple food for hundreds of years for people living in the desert and provided them with a great source of nutrition.
How to Use Mesquite Powder:
It is an excellent addition to smoothies, or any milk based drink, it's rich taste goes well with vanilla and chocolate. It is also an excellent addition to any baked goods such as cakes and cookies and can be sprinkled on your muesli or added to your porridge.
Health benefits of Mesquite Powder:
- Contains calcium, which is vital for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- Mesquite powder is said to be rich in magnesium, an essential mineral in the body that assists with hormonal health, heart health, and helps your muscles work effectively.
- Furthermore it has the essential minerals; potassium, iron and zinc, which also play a vital role in keeping our bodies functioning optimally.
- It is a good source of the amino acid lysine, which helps with the absorption of calcium. It also helps the body produce antibodies which aid in fighting sickness.
- This nutrient dense powder contains high levels of dietary fibre, which is important for us to maintain digestive health and to keep our bowels regular. Dietary fibre also helps us to feel fuller for longer.